Many thanks to Kasie over at KasieBeauty.co.uk for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
I’ve seen the Liebster Awards on WordPress but have not been nominated until now, and my understanding is that it is for newer/smaller blogs and the rules are as follows:
First I’d like to list the people I am nominating. These are all people I follow, and I thoroughly enjoy their blogs and what they have to share.
Alana over at Living Out Loud
Kat over at Beanie and Talbot
Cavelle over at Mental Break In Progress
& Leah at Miss Pettigrew Review
11 Facts About Me
1.) Despite my postings to social media constantly and writing poetry and this blog, I am an extremely private person and aside from Kris, I don’t think there is another human being who really knows the real me! My hope is that no one takes that personally and is willing to try and get to know me anyway.
2.) I HATE onions but I love onion rings (mostly just the fried crispy part)
3.) I am a crazy cat lady 😽
4.) If I could travel the world and eat good food and drink wine, I’d be in heaven.
5.) When I was a kid/teenager I used to watch golf for “fun” but never played until last year, and now I love playing- but I’m not good at it.
6.) I love design (especially interior), and wished I had pursued it further when I was younger.
7.) I also wanted to be a paleontologist when I was a kid, I love dinosaurs and am obsessed with Jurassic Park… and Chris Pratt in Jurassic World.
8.) I love reading but I am so unfocused/fickle it’s hard to get through an entire book, but I have a rather huge collection and hope to someday have a huge library with a secret door.
9.) Someday I want to live off the grid in the mountains and live a truly simple life without distractions and fancy things. I want to collect memories not objects.
10.) I’ve been eternally stuck between being a tomboy and being a girly girl… usually the tomboy in me wins. It is what is and I’m over it 😂
Here are the 11 questions from Kasie:
1.What made you start blogging? Well I’ve had 2 before that no longer exists sadly (before blogging was a big thing) and then I got Pinterest several years ago and was introduced to several blogs. I needed a way to hold myself accountable to my fitness journey and thought it would be nice to connect with other like minded people. It’s been super helpful and I’ve connected with a lot of great people and lots of great blogs that have nothing to do with fitness!
2. What tips would you give for new bloggers or people thinking of starting up a blog? Don’t do it for the numbers, or the followers or to “make money” do it because your heart wants you to share and connect… if making money happens later, then it will be what will be.
3. How would you describe you own style and also your blog style? Not sure actually, I just write and I try to be relatable and not bossy about what I’m sharing in terms of living healthy 😂
4. What do you use to take pictures on your blog? Right now just my iPhone and 98% of the photos I use are mine, but occasionally I turn to stock photos. I used to dabble semi-professionally with photography but life kinda took me somewhere else and then my camera and lens system broke. I’m hoping to reinvest in a new setup and get back into photography 100% and I’m a Nikon girl through and through!
5. Do you use social media to promote your blog? If so what’s your favorite? Kind of but not too much, I promote mostly on my FB page and Twitter, but I had Twitter since Twitter began and hadn’t thought about using it for promoting the blog until a couple months ago. I don’t really use Insta for promoting my blog just because it’s never been about that and I really just enjoy posting stuff without shoving the blog in peoples faces. (no offense to anyone who does!)
6. Do you like to watch YouTube videos and if so who is your favorite channel to subscribed to? Not so much, but I started to watch a bit not long ago. I really enjoy Gracie’s Journey. She’s awesome and inspirational. It’s actually got me wanting to do a vlog, which I’m working on getting the nerve to do!
7. Apart from blogging what are your other hobbies? Snowboarding, being outdoors/hiking, taking photos, and I do really enjoy writing poetry and pros. Kinda embarrassing but oh well!
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be? I’d have a perfect pearly white smile.
9. Describe yourself in 3 words: Sarcastic/Humorous, Fearless and Quiet
10. Favourite makeup brand you can’t live without? (I am a beauty blog after all) So many, I have a makeup problem (as in a buy too much of it. Thanks sephora!) I do love Tarte, Buxom, Benefit, and Too faced the most tho.
11.One beauty item you can’t live without? A Great mascara, or CC cream… I mean if I’m pressed for time I can definitely just dab on cc cream and a coat or 2 of mascara and be fine!
11 Questions for the Nominees (if they choose to participate)
- What/who inspires you in life?
- Have you ever though about ditching your blog, if so, why?
- Do you exercise regularly?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- Where is the last place you traveled?
- What is the one word that best describes yourself?
- Do you have any pets (names and breed)?
- Favorite food?
- Do you enjoy running and why?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is the best part about having your blog?
Don’t forget to put the Liebster badge somewhere on the blog if you accept!
-Beach Body Bliss 🌴