There is no denying that fall is in full swing… with the leaves finally turning, crisp air finally settling in, and the pumpkin patches filling with school kids, indeed Autumn abounds!
I’ve been loving every moment and opportunity to make pumpkin or apple anything, to the point one could say I’m obsessed… which I would never deny. Who doesn’t love this…
So much goodness!
Last week Tone It Up released their 31 Day Challenge meal plan, and with it were some pretty amazing pumpkin muffins. However, when I made them they seemed like they were missing something. They were flat (literally, like a hockey puck haha) and definitely not fluffy. So I decided to change it up and try to make them turn out how I had envisioned them to the first time.
Trust me, these are delicious and they make your house smell aaaaahmazing!
My first batch looked like this
My second and improved batch looked like this (although missing the oat topping because the texture was weird for me, but it does add a nice touch!)
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Try these delicious protein packed pumpkin muffins, they make an easy on the go breakfast or snack, and are divine slightly warmed and served with a cup of tea or coffee!
- 1 1/2 C Rolled Oats
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 C Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1/4-1/3 C Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda (I used a heaping tsp)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Melted Coconut Oil (be sure to add this last so it doesn't harden as quickly)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place cupcake liners in your muffin tins (or use coconut oil spray directly on the tin)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and mix until well combined. Pour or spoon into muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Makes 9-12 muffins depending on how full you fill the tins. 1 serving is 2 muffins.
This week has been full of achievements, and I can’t wait to reflect on my training and accomplishments during the next Sunday Lately. I’m definitely enjoying this Tone It Up Challenge and am having lots of fun with the workouts and finding new ways to challenge myself beyond the challenge as well (despite the severe “Doms” but, no pain no gain, right?) I’ve also done a lot of coffee drinking this week, which I don’t normally do but hey something has to get me going in the morning! Gotta love an inspiring coffee message…