It’s Friday once again and the #sweatpink crew and I are back with another Friday Five workout with Hedstrom Fitness and Fit Approach.
Just like the last two weeks, we are utilizing the awesome Surge® (read more about it HERE) The good news is I have a tripod finally so things are looking up! Now that I’m over my fear of work out photos, I have a lot of fun stuff planned 😊 In the mean time, let me get to that Friday Five work out!
As mentioned in my other post regarding the Surge, if you don’t have one it’s totally fine. Just use a dumbbell(s) or barbell, or neither if that’s what works for you. Always make fitness flexible so that way it’s always doable!
Surge Dynamic Resistance Circuit 3
Complete each move 10-12x then repeat the circuit 2-3 more times. Use a Surge (or other equipment) at a weight that is challenging, yet you can perform each rep with good form.
- Shoulder Raise: Stand with the Surge resting in front of you. Bring your arms up using your shoulders until parallel with the floor. Return to start and repeat.
- Deadlift: Stand with Surge resting in front of you. Hinge at the hips keeping the Surge close to your legs, lower the Surge down until you feel a stretch in your hamstrings (back of legs). Then slowly come up and squeeze your glutes as you return to starting position. Repeat
- Side Lunge w/Overhead Extension: Begin in a standing position and holding Surge in front of you. Lunge to one side bringing your leg to your side and putting your body weight into your heels, simultaneously extend your arms up and over your head, keeping your arms straight. Return to start and repeat. (each leg)
- One Legged Hamstring Extension w/Overhead Press: Begin in a standing position with Surge at chest level, as you extend one of your legs behind you, simultaneously raise your arms up and over your head. Return to start and repeat. (each leg)
- Bicycle Crunch: Begin by laying on your back, and holding the Surge at chest level and parallel with your shoulders. Bring your shoulders off the ground slightly and begin a basic bicycle crunch, as you are doing so twist the surge so it is parallel to you extended leg, and continue switching for a count of 10 reps on each side.
Once again I had a great workout doing these moves with the Surge. Deadlifts are my absolute favorite! I have been using the larger Surge for deadlifts, but I’be been struggling with a bad case of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) so I had to back off the weights a little. That’s how you know this thing is effective! 😜
Don’t forget that Hedstrom Fitness has a pretty great deal going on until 2/28/17 for 25% off of the Surge and Kamagon Ball. Be sure to use SPHF25 at checkout if you are a US/Canada resident!
Hope you enjoy! I’m off this morning for another day of snowboarding, today will be my 7th snowboarding session for the 2016-17 winter season and I’ll be back here soon to share some of that and a cool little “snowboarder/skier” workout that I love to do, so stay tuned for that!