I feel a little sheepish just showing back up here on my blog suddenly talking about Self Care. But I am anyway! I’ve been away for a little while, it’s true. Between half marathon training, being sick, traveling etc I just haven’t been able to keep it all together.
That’s kinda why I find myself here today talking about self care. I’m 3 weeks away from my half marathon and although it hasn’t been a complete disaster, training has had its challenges. I’m sitting here today taking an impromptu rest day because I NEED it.
Shin splints, muscle soreness from strength training, lack of sleep… ya time for some rest.
It may not seem obvious but self care doesn’t need to be a big deal, and it doesn’t need to take up a whole day even. There are plenty of small things that we can do and would greatly benefit from, if we did them each day.
So what are some of these things I speak of? I have my top or favorite 5 things that I find the easies to do regularly and without hurting my budget much. Check them out below!
Top 5 ways to get in Daily Self Care
1. Take 10-15 minutes each day to have a cup of coffee or tea and reflect on what the day will bring or what you have accomplished already in the day.
2. Get some fresh air and go for a walk. It’s proven that nature can soothe the soul and nature is always right outside your door!
3. Have a mini “spa day” or spa night. Grab a face mask, a bath bomb and get to soaking (may or may not include a glass of wine!)
4. Meditate in a quiet room with a Himalayan salt lamp glowing and/or diffuse some essential oils for some added ambiance
5. Take time to get in a good sweat, if that’s important to you (for me it’s huuuuge) and if not take a moment to do a little yoga/stretching while focusing on deep breathing. Getting oxygen flowing is so important to your brain and body functions!
What else can you do for self care? Tons of things, here are some other options that may take more time, money etc.
- Pick up a little bouquet (or two of flowers to brighten up your home
- Treat yo’ self to a pedicure/mani
- Get your hair done
- Get a massage
- Sensory deprivation floats
- Happy hour with your bestie
- Date night with your hubby (bf/gf etc)
- Get a facial
- Splurge on that Lululemon you’ve been eyeballing
- Get away for the weekend and relax
More importantly, LOVE yourself enough to recognize that you need to be cared for too 💗
What little things do you do each day to treat yourself?